FOS has published its plans and budget for 2022/23. In the coming year, FOS:
- expects to receive 177,000 complaints and resolve 220,500 complaints;
- will continue to ensure it is equipped to respond to complexity and vulnerability in complaints; and
- invest in a change programme, which includes working with regulatory stakeholders to deliver its Action Plan.
In terms of budget for 2022/23, this includes:
- a cost base of £291.7m;
- an individual case fee of £750;
- a compulsory jurisdiction levy expected to raise to £106m;
- a voluntary jurisdiction levy of £700,000;
- businesses outside the group-account fee arrangement will get 3 free cases (reduced from 25); and
- businesses in the group-account fee arrangement will get 15 free cases (reduced from 50).