The CMA has published its Annual Plan which explains how it will protect consumers, promote competition and help support the economy in the year ahead. It aims to encourage innovation, productivity, and sustainable growth to benefit all nations and regions of the UK.
In 2022 to 2023, the CMA will aim to focus on the following themes:
- protecting consumers from unfair behaviour by businesses, during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic;
- fostering competition to promote innovation, productivity and long-term growth right across the UK;
- promoting effective competition in digital markets;
- supporting the transition to low carbon growth, including through the development of healthy competitive markets in sustainable products and services; and
- delivering our new responsibilities and strengthening our position as a global competition and consumer protection authority.
The Annual Plan has been welcomed at a time of rising concern over the cost of living and the crucial role competitive markets now have in keeping prices for consumers as low as possible.