The All-Party Parliamentary Group (AAPG) on Blockchain has published its 2022/23 work programme entitled ‘ensuring industry and society benefit from the full potential of blockchain‘.
The AAPG’s three pillars are:
- policy landscaping;
- research and evidence gathering; and
- ecosystem building, convening and networking.
The Group’s activities include holding evidence meetings and annual receptions for the Blockchain community. The evidence meetings scheduled for 2022 are set to cover topics such as:
- the use of Blockchain in democracy and voting;
- the availability of cryptocurrency as a payment method;
- sustainability issues in relation to Blockchain; and
- the impact of Blockchain on cybersecurity, privacy and fraud.
Advisory board meetings are scheduled once every four months to identify topics and to feedback on the output of activities. The programme also sets the 2022 AGM for 25 January.