The Government has highlighted the action taken in the third year of the UK’s current 5 year anti-corruption strategy. During 2020, key initiatives included:
- reducing the insider threat in high-risk domestic sectors;
- the UK as an international finance sector
- promoting integrity across the public and private sector
- reducing corruption in public procurement and grants
- improving the business environment globally and
- working with other countries to combat corruption
Overall, the report says the UK has made significant progress across a number of its strategy commitments, and has completed 52, with 68 on track to complete in time, with only 7 that may miss deadlines and 7 that will almost certainly miss deadlines.