The FCA has published its 34th quarterly consultation paper. The proposed changes to the FCA handbook include:
- Amending the Enforcement Guide to reflect the EU Exit Passport Regulations by providing information about when the FCA is likely to consider using its power to direct that Supervised Run-Off doesn’t apply to a particular firm;
- Amending MAR 9 to include guidance on how the FCA expects data reporting service providers to conduct themselves when they want to cancel their data reporting service authorisation (‘wind-down guidance’);
- Widening the existing exclusion of certain Securities Financing Transactions (SFTs) from reporting under UK MiFIR to also include SFTs where the counterparty is a member of the ESCB or Bank of England;
- Changes to SUP 8 to bring it into line with the revised procedure for making decisions on Waiver applications under section 138A FSMA; and
- Amending FCA forms in line with the FCA’s interpretative guide on completing them post-Brexit.