FCA has published its six-monthly set of data on complaints that firms receive. Its latest findings include:
- a 7% decrease in complaints from H2 2016, with the 2.04m complaints being the lowest level since late 2016;
- the largest decrease was in insurance and pure protection products, mainly because of PPI, but there was also a decrease of 63% in travel insurance complaints after the Covid-driven spike of 2020;
- home finance complaints decreased;
- investment and decumulation and pensions complaints increased by 18% and 26% respectively;
- a steady increase in complaints about platforms and workplace pensions over recent years.
As usual, the figures are accompanied by firm specific reports from the firms that receive, together, 98% of overall complaints.