UK Finance and the UK’s largest retail banks and building societies have announced their commitment to continue to preserve access to cash for consumers and businesses over the long term. The 8 financial institutions (representing 16 brands) which have given their support are Barclays Bank UK plc, Coventry Building Society, HSBC UK Bank plc, Lloyds Banking Group, Nationwide Building Society, NatWest Group plc, Santander UK plc and TSB bank plc.
They have made commitments to:
- ensure that cash will be available for those who need it, particularly small businesses, the elderly and vulnerable, when they need it;
- support the Community Access to Cash Pilots;
- work together to consider possible models for future access to cash which address changing access requirements and meet the needs of customers and communities;
- protect current critical infrastructure until a viable alternative is available; and
- establish and maintain a framework to enable early identification of potential cash ‘cold spots’.