Treasury and FCA have met to discuss the September 2020 report on the regulatory perimeter.
Discussions focused on:
- high risk investments and the potential need to review the current exemptions that allow marketing to individuals;
- Treasury’s proposals to consult on the regulation of mini-bonds;
- consideration of inclusion of paid for advertising within the financial promotion regime;
- access to cash;
- treatment of crypto assets;
- the forthcoming regulation of pre-paid funeral plans; and
- the potential lead to consider regulation of lead generators in the debt problem market.