The FCA has updated its webpage on business interruption insurance with details of the BI test case Supreme Court appeal.
The Supreme Court will live-stream the appeal on:
- Monday 16 November: 11am-4pm; and
- Tuesday 17 – Thursday 19 November: 10.30am-4pm.
To watch the live-stream, click here.
The FCA has published the written cases for the appeals in the Supreme Court of the FCA, the Hiscox Action Group and the six insurers involved, together with the written cases responding to those appeals.
The FCA has also published:
- the order of the Supreme Court granting permission to appeal;
- the agreed Statement of Facts and Issues – this sets out the history of Covid-19 and the government response, the background to the proceedings and the issues being appealed; and
- the directions agreed between the parties to the appeal in relation to steps leading up to the hearing and other procedural matters.