FCA has published a Call for Input to help it look at improving consumer outcomes in the investment market.
FCA is concerned that consumers often get sold unsuitable products with high fees and is looking at:
- what it can do to help the market offer a range of products that meet straightforward investment needs;
- how to ensure those willing and able to invest in more risky products properly understand the risks of doing so;
- how financial promotion regulation can make it easier for people to understand regulatory protections available to them;
- how people can be appropriately compensated by those who cause any losses they suffer because of an act or omission by a regulated firm;
- how to better protect people from scams; and
- what can be done to make the market more competitive.
FCA seeks views by 15 December.