FCA has confirmed some further delays to projects and extensions to proposed deadlines, in light of Covid-19. Various deadlines now postponed until later in 2020-or to 2021 include:
- The Directory of Certified Persons will be published some time before the end of 2020;
- Consultations on aligning FCA’s duty on selective disclosures with case law and joint principles and the new consumer duty are due some time later in 2020, as is the interim report on credit information, the review of wholesale broker remunerations and the general insurance value measures pilot;
- Consultations on mortgage switching and investment platforms exit remedy have been postponed until 2021;
- the Consultation on FCA’s approach to market integrity and wholesale markets has been postponed to a date to be confirmed as has the CCA review and the second review on assessing suitability; and
- publication and implementation of rules on motor finance, the SEAR, and a raft of pension transfer rules – all delayed to later in 2020 or 2021, while the policy statement on travel insurance signposting for consumers with medical conditions has no assigned date.