The FCA has published its proposals for its future work on climate change and green finance, following responses to its Discussion Paper in 2018 .
In its work, the FCA will be focusing on three outcomes:
- Issuers provide markets with readily available, reliable and consistent information on their exposure to material climate change risks and opportunities
- Regulated financial services firms integrate consideration of material climate change risks and opportunities into their business, risk and investment decisions
- Consumers have access to green finance products and services, which meet their needs and preferences, and receive appropriate information and advice to support their investment decisions.
The proposals in FS19/6 include:
- a consultation on new rules to improve climate-related disclosures,
- clarifying expectations regarding consumers’ access to green financial products, and
- challenging instances of potential greenwashing.