The Payment Systems Regulator (PSR) published its annual plan and budget setting out its key objectives and activities for 2019/2020.
The PSRs key initiatives include:
- to protect people from Authorised Push Payment scams and implement Confirmation of Payee as soon as possible;
- to carry out a detailed analysis of how people get cash and their attitudes towards it;
- to carry out a market review into card-acquiring services to ensure the supply of these services is working well for merchants, and ultimately consumers;
- to oversee the delivery of the New Payments Architecture to produce good outcomes for payment systems users;
- to ensure access to payment systems is fair and transparent; and
- to work with HM Treasury, the BoE and FCA to prepare for Brexit.