The European Banking Authority (EBA) has published its work programme, setting out its main objectives, priorities and deliverables for 2019.
The EBA’s 5 strategic areas for 2019 include to:
- lead the Basel III implementation in the EU;
- understand the risks and opportunities arising from financial innovation;
- collect, disseminate and analyse banking data;
- ensure a smooth relocation of the EBA to Paris; and
- foster the increase of the loss-absorbing capacity of the EU banking system.
Four horizontal priorities for policy work include to:
- further efforts in implementing the proportionality principle;
- strengthen supervisory convergence and integrity of the Single Rulebook;
- enhance consumer protection; and
- prepare for the withdrawal of the UK from the EU.