The European Commission has published a roadmap on the Consumer Credit Directive (Directive). The Commission is looking to assess:
- effectiveness: whether the original objectives of the Directive have been achieved;
- efficiency: the functioning of the Directive from a simplification and burden reduction perspective;
- coherence: how the Directive works together with other legislation in the field of retail financial services, consumer protection and data protection;
- relevance: whether the tools of the Directive correspond to current needs, and
- EU added value of the Directive: whether the EU intervention has delivered additional added value, compared to national actions.
The deadline for comments is 27 July 2018.