Treasury has revealed its “Investment Management Strategy II“, which sets out the Government’s priorities to ensure the UK remains a globally competitive sector for asset management. The approach focuses on six principles:
- establishing Centres of Excellence to strengthen the talent pipeline
- continuing to develop Fintech solutions such as blockchain enabled digital funds
- working to attract international firms
- promoting the benefits of the UK’s tax and regulatory environment
- improving dialogue with the industry through the Asset Management Taskforce and
- helping the industry to develop innovative investment strategies to meet changing investor demands.