Stephen Barclay, City Minister, announced the creation of an Asset Management Taskforce to preserve the UK’s leading position as an asset management hub. Among his comments, he said:
- the Government sees delegation as key going forwards, and is using the Brexit challenge as a spur to spearhead this;
- it is critical to maintain gold standard regulation;
- the Government is committed to looking at Fintech solutions within the asset management industry;
- innovation must be stimulated; and
- the UK must continue to attract and develop the best talent in the world.