FATF has taken the opportunity of a new president (from Argentina), to update on its objectives. Key objectives will include:
- deepening knowledge and understanding of terrorist methodology and encouraging information sharing;
- promoting financial inclusion, including looking closely at de-risking and de-marketing;
- enhancing transparency and integrity of financial flows, with particular focus on beneficial ownership information;
- engagement with the private sector and with the fintech and regtech sectors – particularly to work on risk mitigation measures; and
- its own internal committees and co-operation with international for a.
It will also engage on projects looking at trade-based money laundering and cybercrime.